Friday, July 1, 2011

Ta-Da! Here's the first......"CraFty" CraZy TACKz....project!

Unless one is walking through the craft shows and stores with their eyes closed..they would take notice of a new crafting trend.  Banners!  You can purchase pre-cut chipboard tiles and embellish them with papers of your choice.  Die cut machines are a simple way to cut letters and shapes to decorate your banner tiles.  I use the word "tiles" loosely.  Tiles are basically the shapes you choose to make your banner with.  You can choose from various shapes and sizes that are ready for hanging.  If you can't get to the craft store for your pre-cut banner tiles....I would suggest to you the following tip.  In fact, I created this banner from scratch because I couldn't get to the craft store.  When I was growing up, everything had to be made from scratch.....fortunately, they make it easier for us in this busy world we live in by helping us with the elements to create.  As I was saying though, the "tip" would be to create a pattern and trace around the pattern onto the cardstock paper of your choice.  Then, find a contrasting color of cardstock....glue the first tile to the contrasting paper, then cut out leaving a 1/8" to 1/4" border around the shape.  (refer to my photo to see what I mean.)  Then, decorate each shape as desired. Do you have a special birthday coming up?  Make a personalized Birthday banner and hang it up with CraZy TACKz.  Then, hang your balloons from the "hook" on each side of the banner!  Or, personalize a banner for your bedroom and hang your jewelry or keepsakes from the TACKz!  I am sure you will come up with your own ideas....CraZy TACKz are so fun and easy to use.  I have some more crafty ideas for you and I will be sharing them as I create them.  The next one I am working on is a little wall hanging to hang your jewelry from.  My daughter was using push pins for this and they would fall out of the wall, jewelry going with it! It is especially frustrating when it falls behind something hard to move.  Right?  CraZy TACKz hold 3 to 5 lbs., depending on the type of wall you are putting them in.  Thus...they work 10 times better than a push pin!  Well, I am going to go back to work on my next project.  Hope you got inspired by this project and if you have any questions....just send me a message and I will get back to you! 

Happy Day, Marilyn  

No comments:

Post a Comment