Tuesday, July 12, 2011

TODAY WAS A SPECIAL DAY!




Marilyn Gossett & Susan Stacy
I had a reunion with a friend that I haven't seen since the early 1970's! Ok, I know that some of you probably weren't even alive back then, but we are still holding our own, considering that we were in our prime back then!  What I really want to share about my friend is that she had amazing talent all that time and I didn't even know about it!  She designed eyeglasses for me when we lived in Phoenix, Az., and she truly has a claim to fame for some of the other clients that she designed eyewear for!  I am posting a scan of a magazine that features someone you might recognize wearing some of her designer glasses!
Pretty cool, huh?  Here is a picture of Susie back in the Day...she was wearing some of her own creations....Big hair ruled back then!
A Stunna, huh?  We used to lay out by the pool for hours to get a tan like that!  I never could get a deep tan like hers, but got a lot of sunburns trying!We figure we have a lot to offer the world besides our wisdom.  Lol.  Susie is a commissioned Artist that sells a lot of her absolutely GORGEOUS artwork!  After years of raising children and giving up her time, she has returned to her love of painting and art and it blows my mind to see how talented she is.  Following are a couple of her prints.  These paintings actually became two components of a large mural.
Here kitty, kitty!  Don't you just want to reach out and pet it?  The following is the other print that I scanned so I could show you.
I don't care much for mice...but this one is just about too cute to resist!  I wish I could show you more, but this is all that I had time to borrow from her before she had to drive back home.  It turns out that we live within about an hour or so of each other.  We have decided to become "art" pals and we are going to work on a couple of projects together.  Just for fun!  We will see what happens!  Susan Stacy can be found on Facebook and I am sure you will be seeing a lot more of her and her art.

That would be about it for today.  Maybe today's Blog will inspire you to reach out to someone you haven't seen in a long time.  Thanks to Facebook and the Internet, I have been able to reconnect with some very dear friends that I had not seen for a very long time!  I will be sharing some more craft projects tomorrow.  Hope you had a great day!

Happy Day,
Marilyn

No comments:

Post a Comment