Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Under the Sea - come and Craft with me!

 
 Under the sea....under the sea.......  The little diddy from The Little Mermaid movie is going through my head as I add the pictures to today's blog.  Again, I am showing some fun projects where I used basic wooden shapes called "Woodsies" by Forster to create my projects.  I also used a few other items to use as a base for my designs.  The Woodsie's come in jumbo sizes of the hearts, circles, teardrop, oval and star shapes.  I like to use these jumbo sizes along with the regular sizes of these shapes.  Some basic supplies to have on hand would be a utility scissors for cutting the wood pieces, wood glue (or craft glue), spring action clothes pins (to hold pieces together while the glue is drying), Acrylic Paint, Paintbrushes, water bucket, paper towels, paper plates and some toothpicks.  I used a large canning jar with a regular lid, smaller jars with wire closure lids, wooden treasure box, paper bag, home made bath salts and 3 ply jute string.  Oh! And a extra fine point black permanent marker.  Sharpie makes a good one.
Here is a close-up view of the bath salts.  The mermaid has a spring-action clothespin glued to the back of her and is being used as a closure for the gift bag.  Again, as always, if you would like further instruction on a project I have shown, please don't hesitate to send me a note and ask.  I would be glad to help you have success with your project.
Here is a broader view of the seven items that were completed.  As I have shown in earlier posts, I love designing with themes.  I am thinking about decorations and favors for a birthday party here.  Each girl gets to take home a jar of Bath Salts. (How about you change the mermaid into a Pirate if you are having a party for boys.)  You can find a recipe online for many different kinds of bath salts or scrubs.  The paper gift bag has a mermaid closure that also makes a nice party favor.  The little Treasure Chest is a fun decoration and the larger jar could be filled with some little treasures or with candy.  Fun, huh?
Here is one more nice close-up of the Treasure Chest.  I think we had some REAL money in there.  Nice gold coins.  I bet if I look, they are not in the chest anymore.  Probly' not in the bank either.....hhhhmmmmmm.

I can't leave my daily post without talking a little about those CraZy little TACKz "with a Hook"!  We are coming out with Phase II of the CraZy TACKz.  There should be a picture of the colored shapes that are coming on the Facebook link or on the website.. www.crazytackz.com .  Until then, I discovered that the original (clear) tackz can be painted, decorated with glitter, spray painted where the hook is colored too, or pushed into the wall, holding a die-cut shape behind the tackz to decorate the wall.  They are so-so simple to use directly in the wall, or you can make one of the Home Dec Projects I have shown on earlier blogs.  I have a brand new design coming in the near future.  I don't know if anyone noticed, but I have been gone for almost a week because I had some surgery!  Everything is all good now and I am able to get back to doing the things that I love.  So, that is all for today, I will bring you some new projects in the coming days.

Happy Crafting,
Marilyn



No comments:

Post a Comment