Tuesday, August 2, 2011

SIMPLY Crafting with CraZy TACKz


Good day!  Here's to another lovely summer day with just the right amount of sunshine and heat. 
I have been working on some marketing projects of late for brand new CraZy TACKz and I thought I would share some more ideas with you today. These are so much fun to make and very SIMPLE to make as well!

While putting together all of the hard copy materials for my packets that I send off to potential buyers, I thought of a hands-on way to let them have a close-up look at the simple and fun ways to use the TACKz.  I created a little "Mini Trunk Show", using a small wooden box and filling it with tiny projects using the TACKz.  I will attach some photos of the little boxes to let you see how they turned out.  I have been having lots of fun.  They are like little treasure chests....just open it up to see what is inside!

 If you are already a paper crafter, there is a very good chance that you will have a lot of the materials on hand to start decorating these little "tacks with a hook" right away!  Here is a list of the materials I used to embellish each TACKz:  Themed Die Cuts, Paper Punches, Cricut Machine Die Cuts, Chipboard Die Cuts, Memory papers, Cardstock, Glitter, Rhinestones, Dimensional Adhesive Medium, Acrylic Paints, Craft Glue, Other supplies:  Bulletin Board, Corkboard Sheets, Styrofoam brand Foam (for keeping the TACKz in while decorating them), Soft Wood Bases....(such as the boxes I put the little treasures in.....)  then you might need paintbrushes, waterbucket, paper towels, 1/16" paper punch, etc...

See the bird above and the clear TACKz in the wing?  Sometimes I will leave the stopper "plain" because I want the design behind to show through. My favorite way to customize my TACKz are to apply colored glitter to the clear "stopper".  The "stopper" is the clear circle between the hook and the tack. What might one use these decorated TACKz for, you might ask?  You can push them directly into the wall to hang up just about anything that will fit in the hook and doesn't weigh more than a couple of pounds!  You might want to hang jewelry, keys, etc., or you could use them on a bulletin board for decoration.  You can pin a photo up and hang something from the hook!
Double duty!  Sports themes, Hobbies, Garden...are just a few of the themes that would be fun to decorate around.

Well, that is about it for today.  As always, if you would like some further instruction to help you duplicate a project you see on here, just send me a note.  I would love to help you be successful by giving you the information you might need.  I am working on some more new projects, so come back soon to check them out!

Happy Crafting,

Marilyn
Design Consultant for
CraZy TACKz


No comments:

Post a Comment