Monday, August 8, 2011

This little Ballerina Bulletin Board takes "1st Position"!

What do you get when you mix a bulletin board, stickers, ribbon, a little paint and some CraZy TACKz?  You get this sweet room decoration that you can hang hair bows, jewelry and keepsakes on!  So simple and so cute!  This is the "girly" project that I promised.  The sticker selection was so vast and there were so many awesome designs, that I decided to pick the sports theme for the last blog (football theme) and this little ballerina theme pack of stickers for today.  I will show you the process I went through to get to the finished piece.  The next picture shown is the bulletin board just out of it's package.  There are different sizes to choose from and I decided to use this smaller version at 11" x 17".
The frame on this is a little shiny, so I sanded it before I applied acrylic paint.  I used an emery board, but a little piece of sand paper would work great too.  Here it is after I applied the paint.
I used acrylic paint and a brush and painted the frame white, the cork board green. Did you know that cork board is made from wood?  I guess I thought cork grew ON trees.  Lol.  Next up is a picture showing the other supplies that I used to create this project.
I used 1-1/2" wire edged ribbon, ballerina themed stickers, some ribbon roses and of course, CraZy TACKz.  The next photos will show how I put them all together.
I gathered the edges of the ribbon by pulling the wire on each side and securing each ribbon tail. I used 1/2" sheer pink ribbon to tie the ribbon at intervals as seen in the photo given.  A glue gun came in handy to attach the ribbon to the frame.  I measured each side to make sure they were even. Satin ribbon roses were adhered with a low melt glue gun.
Here is the finished project.  All ready to hang little treasures on.  Hair ribbons and jewelry come to mind.  I used a wrist decoration that my daughter wore almost 20 years ago!  I take mom liberties every once in a while and use one of my daughter's old pictures in a design.  I don't think she will mind too much this time....
Here is one last view to give you a little closer look.  I applied glitter to the stopper on half of the CraZy TACKz.  For the remaining TACKz I punched a small hole in each small sticker and put the hook part of the tackz through the tiny hole. I then adhered the sticker to the stopper.  Refer to the photo for some visual instruction. 

That is my project for today.  As always, if you ever need a little more instruction than I give on here, or if you have any questions, please drop me a note and I will get back to you to offer any help that I can. 

If you would like to know where to get some CraZy TACKz, you can always visit the website and because they are SO NEW you can purchase them there at the retail price for a limited time.  If you can't find them at your retailer, let them know where they can find them!  CraZy TACKz should be coming to retail stores in your area very soon.

Happy Crafting,

Marilyn
Design Consultant
for CraZy TACKz



No comments:

Post a Comment