Sunday, April 22, 2012

ON THE SET OF SCRAPBOOK SOUP!

I'm home!
It was a whirlwind trip to Cleveland, Ohio from Portland, Oregon!  By the time I arrived at my destination, I was in the red three hours, not in my favor.  This was no big deal when I was in my 20's...enough said!
When I got to the studio (after a harrowing cab ride), I was greeted by an awesome production crew and a very friendly atmosphere.  After all, crafting is all about having fun!  This group of professionals made me feel very much at home and provided a comfortable facility to prepare in.

My friend Julie McGuffee and I go back to the early 90's to a time when we were both putting out lots of craft books from different sides of the country.  She was in Texas and I was in Oregon and we both produced books but from different publishers.  There was no "designer" section of CHA (which was then called HIA), and we would work our way through the shows, meeting and building friendships with manufacturers and publishers.  Julie has been hosting Scrapbook Soup, formerly known as Making Memories for about 13 years. She is very good at what she does and it was a pleasure getting to spend some time with her and catching up.

Pictured here are Julie and myself getting coached for our segment by Producer, Kathy Stull.  We have helpful staff taking pictures for us so we will have some to bring home and share.  The next picture is us figuring out just how we are going to present and in what order.
This set is SO packed with vibrant color, that you feel energized walking onto it!
Here we are, posing once again for the camera.  The series we filmed should be televised sometime in July and it will be available to view online as well.  The projects will be posted on the Scrapbook Soup website at that time complete with instructions and sources.  Our theme for CraZy TACKz was "wall decor".
Here is a guy that I found hanging around in the production area.  He was off set, just reminding us that it is all in fun and not to take yourself too seriously!  Max Headroom  has his own place of honor in the studio, so I had to get a snapshot with him!  I have a few more pictures to share.  Some highlights from my day at the studio!  Just a little peek at what goes on behind the scenes.  We had some comedians.....
The other Julie, somehow found time in her very busy hosting schedule to embellish her apron with a message in masking tape!  (Being the talented designer that she is...)  much to the chagrin of a Jet's fan on the production team.......
I don't think you will see any of this part on TV.  Good stuff, huh?

This is Amy with Julie on set.  Amy was featured with her product in the segment before mine.  She is the same age as my daughter and a lovely young woman.  A natural on camera and a beauty as well!  I love this picture of Julie and Amy.

My trip home was a long plane ride, but I got my three hours back when I got home!  I think I slept for about 15 hours straight, but I was all caught up by the day after I got home and back on track.

Thanks for letting me share my little adventure with you. Visit scrapbooksoup.com to view some past segments and get some great crafting ideas.  Thanks to the CraZy TACKz team for sending me to Cleveland and letting me share this great product!

Happy Crafting!

Marilyn
Design Consultant
for
CraZy TACKz
www.crazytackz.com
www.marilyngossett.com



No comments:

Post a Comment