Saturday, February 18, 2012

Workin' at home!

Today is Saturday and in a crafter's world.... this is usually another work day.  Whenever inspiration strikes, the brain goes to work.  I have always had a pencil and paper on my night stand, because I would never know when an idea would come and I would have to get up and put it into action.
I don't usually Blog on Saturday, but I got a giggle out of my dog and thought I would share it with you.  I will include some photos to tell the story. The first picture is walking through the doorway into my studio.  On the left...just beyond the bookcase is a room for storage. 

 Kind of scary, right?  (You other crafters/hoarders understand).........
 On the floor, below, is my dog Tucker's day bed..so to speak.  He spends many a splendor ed hours in there...on this paw print blanket.
 Now, did any one know that dogs can build a nest??  He wasn't in his normal spot, so I looked around and this is what I found!  It was my brand new bag of fiberfill, stored inside of a kitchen trash bag.  Those shopping bags in front used to be in the upright position.  Can anyone say OVER SIZED SQUEAKY TOY?  He had a great time taking the guts out of this one and then napping on them!
 I just had to share, because this is a typical scenario for us that work at home.  For some of the things that get by us, we could be out of the house and at that office!  Totally clueless!  Regardless, I do like having my babies around me while I work.  Years ago, it was in the form of my girl child, now it is our animals.  Anyone that doesn't think of us that work at home as actually "working" should check out our digz sometime!  I think we might deserve an award! 

Now I have to go and clean up the "nest".  Hope to do a lot of purging in the next couple of days.  Does anyone have a tip or two about how to do this without suffering physical pain?  If so, I would love to hear about it!

By the way, below are a couple of favorite pics of the guilty party, Tucker.  He always wants to be a part of the class when I have one going on in the studio.  The second photo is after he had a good run around in the yard and he was tired and hot. 

Thanks for stopping by!  Hope you have a great Holiday week-end. 
Keep smiling!

Happy Crafting!

Marilyn
Design Consultant for
CraZy TACKz
                    www.crazytackz.com (under construction)



No comments:

Post a Comment