Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sharing Kindness

There is a little social networking site called Facebook.  I, like so many others have fallen victim to the thrill of reconnecting with old friends, making new ones, and just having an easy way to say "Hi, how are ya?".  Today just happens to be my Birthday.  Somehow, they just aren't quite as exciting as they used to be.  I had the pleasure of consulting with a doctor to set up a little procedure I will be getting....a "spa" day at the hospital you might say.  Then, I went to a scheduled luncheon where I got to share about the company I am passionate about...SendOutCards.  (They are just sooo cool!)  Anyway, it was a morning packed with responsibilities and "have-to's", not the one I would normally pick for my birthday.  So, I got home, checked my Facebook, and had so many well wishes that I actually got choked up!  I wonder if people realize the difference they can make in the world by sending out kindness in thoughtfulness, word & deed.  It sure did make my day!  Other people are our treasures.  I for one don't ever want to take friendships for granted, and I wish I could do something for each one to make their life better.  Today was a good reminder that a little bit of kindness goes a long way.  I for one, want to make the world a better place by starting where I live.  We each have a circle of influence and can leave someone better off...or feeling crummy.  I am better off today and it is because of the thoughtfulness of friends and family.  I count my Blessings and most of them come in the form of people!  You know who you are....thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment