September has arrived and we are in the last days of summer before we get to Fall! Summer vacations provide so many photo opps…fun times with friends and family. This accordion-fold mini scrapbook block is perfect for tucking away little mementos & reminders of your summer getaways. It would be fun to make one commemorating any season, or holiday, or a special event like a baby’s birth or a wedding!
Supplies: 3″ Smoothfoam cube 12″ sheets of cardstock with coordinating papers and embellishments ( I used the ”Surf’s Up” assortment from Close To My Heart) Rubber stamps and ink pads Die-cuts, mini-envelopes, ephemera, photos Cosmetic sponge wedge Dry adhesive Dimensional adhesive Jute twine Paper trimmer and scoring tool Scissors
1. Cut a sheet of cardstock into four 3″ x 12″ strips. Score each strip at 3″ intervals and fold accordion style.
2. Cut contrasting papers into 2-3/4″ squares and adhere a square to each panel of the cardstock on both sides for all four strips. Adhere a strip to each of the four sides of the cube.
3. Embellish the squares on each strip as desired with photos, die-cuts, etc. Tuck little notes and other ephemera into mini pockets.
4. Adhere a finished strip to each side of the cube, then adhere a square of paper to the top and bottom of the cube.
3. Display your accordion-fold mini scrapbook open, or secure by tying a length of jute twine around the cube.
Below is a variation using one of my favorite papers! Are you inspired now to make some of these? I used a three inch Smoothfoam block for each cube. You can go a little bigger or smaller. I think this would make a great gift for a friend or family member that you want to share memories with!
Hope you are inspired. Each page on the scrapbook block has seven surfaces to put pictures, etc.That is a lot of space for little photos and mementos!
may the Blessings flow!
ps. Remember to "Hook it Up" with CraZy TACKz!
They are available now online at www.crazytackz.com, at JoAnn's Fabrics stores, Container Stores...and misc. others! If you don't find them, please ask!
All designs shown on this blog are the exclusive property of Marilyn Gossett and Top of Mind Design. Copyright 2009 to present. May be re-created for your own use and in limited quantities for your crafting enjoyment.