Just when you finally got settled into Summer; here comes Christmas in July!
My project is a Christmas themed birdhouse and a greeting card idea as a "bonus" project.
Robin's Nest: Christmas papers, flat backed beads (Links to Christmas papers at bottom of post)
Smoothfoam: 6" x 12" x 1" sheet, 2
Hot wire foam cutter (Marvy)
Electronic cutting machine & cartridge with tree
Paper Punch: scalloped circle; 1" circle
Adhesives: Glue gun, Tacky Glue
1. Gather supplies.
2. Birdhouse: Refer to the photos given and cut the point off of each upper corner from one Smoothfoam rectangle. Measure and cut a roof from the second sheet of Smoothfoam.
3. Lay the birdhouse onto the wrong side of the memory paper and trace around it with a pencil. Cut out. Adhere the paper to the matching Smoothfoam piece. Repeat for the roof.
4. Cut 1" x 12" strips of contrasting paper and glue around all of the edges to conceal the Smoothfoam. I used red glitter paper for the roof.
5. Cut the door and bottom ledge using scraps of the Smoothfoam. Refer to the photo below. Cut and glue the paper to the Smoothfoam. Position and adhere the roof, door and bottom ledge to the house. (photo below)
6. Trees: Cut out four trees, two slightly smaller than the other two. Sponge the edges with the white ink.
7. Die cut or punch out the scalloped circle. Adhere a 1" circle of the green and red dot paper to the center of the scalloped circle. Arrange and glue flat side of beads to the circle in the shape of a star.
Use scraps of Smoothfoam to add dimension between the outer trees and the birdhouse. Use another Smoothfoam scrap to adhere the scalloped circle to the birdhouse as shown. Further embellish with beads and words.
Cut out the packages from the memory paper. Adhere to the front of the birdhouse.
Below is a little bonus project. I created a 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" greeting card with the paper and beads I had left.
Click on the blue Designer Craft Connection button at the top of the page to go forward or backward on the hop. There are lots more fun Christmas projects to see!
And....there's more! Everyone likes a give-away!
Enter the give-away by commenting on any of the designers blogs!
Below are the links to the papers I used. To see all of the Christmas products, here is the link!