Friday, April 3, 2015

Perpetual Mother's Day Card with Deflecto Clear Pouches


Mother's Day is next month!  We just got done celebrating Easter, but it is never too soon to get a head start on special day gift giving!  Deflecto has just come out with some 5 x 7 clear plastic pouches.  Our design team was having a lot of fun with the smaller sizes and that generated interest in getting some different sizes. We are the first ones to get to try these out!


My mother is still with us, but she doesn't know us anymore.  I miss her a lot and decided to create this perpetual card with a favorite memory I have of me and my mom. I scrapped some 5 x 7" pages to put in the pouches.  I wanted more than one picture and I wanted to add sentiments.  I decided to design a "tent" poster board structure to hang my pouches on.  I used 3 pouches and used both sides of the kraft paper I created my page with.  When you flip each page over and turn the "tent" around; you will see three Mother's Day sayings on the reverse side.






I went online and Googled "Mother's Day Sayings".  A lot of graphics popped up.  I saved some into my files and then took them to PicMonkey to add frames to the sayings for my card.  I created a word document and imported my graphics that I had edited.  After sizing them to what I needed; I printed them out on white cardstock and created a page for each.










To start, I gathered my poster board and papers along with the other supplies you see pictured below.  I used chipboard Complements by Close To My Heart to embellish my 5 x 7" lay-outs.  There are many paper collections with matching embellishments.  There are so many ways you could go with this concept. Not just Mother's Day!  The finished pages are attached with a piece of ribbon that I applied ink to, matching my papers.


Above are the dimensions I used to make the poster board tent.  I folded the long piece in two matching the short edges and punched one hole just down from the top edge in the middle.  Then I folded along all of the scored edges and adhered the bottom portion to the top portion.

Hope you got some good ideas here today and make some awesome perpetual cards.

Make sure to take time to enjoy the little blessings in life and
Life Life with a Flourish!

Marilyn



#Deflecto   #Cre8time   #Plastic Pouches    #Close To My Heart   #Mother's Day






2 comments:

  1. Marilyn, this is a great idea! I've had something like this in my mind for the last year... I was going to laminate my little "photo cards" and punch them and tie them to a ribbon for a little flip album. I like this idea of using the tent to put them on.. and love the little premade pouches. My mom passed 14 years ago and I miss her so much. I love the sayings you found and put on her little album. Bless our moms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, M.Jo! Yes, I think about my mother often. She is still clinging to life and I like seeing the pictures of us in happier and healthier days. I am sorry you lost your mom so young. <3

    ReplyDelete