Thursday, July 26, 2012

Got Scraps? Here's a fun and cute solution for using them .




Hello Friends,

Anybody besides me enjoying the sunny days of summer?  I enjoy them even when I am inside the house working.  There is something energizing about the sunshine and longer days.  I have been cleaning and purging my studio again lately (it is a never-ending job), and have had to make decisions about what paper to keep; what to throw away, and what to donate.  I am certain that you other paper crafters out there end up with lots of scraps that you hate to throw away.  Well, I have a solution!

I love the looks of the mixed media albums and journals that are so popular right now.  I have a friend who sells supplies overseas and has to send everything in "smalls".  She enjoys the 2-1/2" x 3-1/2" size, so I decided to use my pretty paper scraps to make some little albums.  I gathered scraps, paper cutter, 3/8" hole punch, adhesives, scissors, embellishments (i.e. stickers, sayings, punched flowers, die-cuts, sequins, rhinestones, chalk inks, sponge, etc. I picked up some book binder rings from my Staples store and was ready to make my little books.

I cut the papers into 2-1/2" x 3-1/2" rectangles...then punched three holes evenly down one side.  All of the papers should be punched in the same place.  I have a special pattern that I made up for the pocket page.  You can also cut a smaller rectangle and glue it to the page to make a pocket, or glue a little paper bag to the page to put things in. I punched out tabs and glued them to the pages. Once I embellished and stamped on all of my pages, I attached the paper binders.

Here are some close-ups of my albums.


This is the front and it has a tabbed pocket on it.  I chose to put business cards in this pocket.  I like having important information handy!


You can see in this picture about how many pages are in it....you cant really see all of the cute things
I put on the pages though......I will add some other photos later with better views of the pages.


Of course if I am going to have my important info in a handy little book, I also need a handy place to keep it.
Enter....CraZy TACKz!  I used a CraZy TACKz that matched my little album from a Designer package of the rounds in black, white and red.  The TACKz will hold up to two pounds.  My little book doesn't weigh anything near that!  It is mounted close to my computer for easy access.  

I can line up all of my little books if I want to.  Fun!  Here are some more views as I promised!







The embellishments were little scrappy things that I found in different places.  I am not sure they would 
have turned out as cute if I had planned every page!  I just started gluing and pasting!

That is about it for today.  I will post some more examples of the books in the next day or two.  Hopefully this is enough to inspire you to get started on some of your own.  Thanks for stopping by!

Happy Crafting!

Marilyn
Design Consultant
for
CraZy TACKz 
www.crazytackz.com
www.marilyngossett.com


No comments:

Post a Comment