Thursday, March 12, 2015

St. Patricks fun with Etchall



Who doesn't like to drink coffee out of a fancy or personalized coffee cup?  I know I do!  I bought a nice mug at my favorite store for......(you guessed it!) $1.00! The Dollar Tree is the perfect place to find glass for etching.



This is how it looked when I started.


I gathered my etching supplies...... I think this is the best product out there! 


I used my electronic die-cut machine (Cricut), but any die-cut machine should work.  Find a die that you like; center it on a square of contact paper.  Make sure to leave at least a full 1/4" border around the cut.
Remove the release paper from one square.  Arrange and press onto the glass making sure that there are no air bubbles between the paper and the glass.  Following the manufacturer's direction, generously apply the etching cream to the exposed glass.  Take care not to get it on any other part of the mug.  You might have to prop up the mug to prevent the etchall medium from sliding. Wait 15 minutes; remove cream and put back into container.  You can use it over and over.  Remove the contact paper; rinse and dry the glass.  Apply the whole process again, until there is a border around the mug as shown.  Use your own judgement as to how many designs you want to apply.


Below is a picture of the finished mug.  Now I want to put some goodies in it because it is going to be a gift for a friend.  


I added a little package of Starbucks coffee and a bottle of green nail polish for "pinch protection".  The leprechaun is a little clip that I made and I glued some plastic gold coins on a piece of cardstock that I slipped in for a little added decoration.  Voila'!  Happy St. Patty's Day!


Hope this project inspired you to make some inexpensive gifts or to make one for yourself!
Here is the Etchall website!  http://etchall.com/

#Etchall.com     #Cre8time    #NationalCraftMonth

Take the time to enjoy the small blessings in life and
Live Life with a Flourish!

Marilyn


No comments:

Post a Comment