Monday, July 1, 2013

Creative Hearts Workshop - July 2013


Happy July!  


This is the month that we celebrate our nation's freedom and the big day will be here very shortly!  Sometimes we tend to take things for granted, and since it is on my mind, I just want to say how much I love and appreciate the brave men and women that make it possible for us to stay free.  I, for one, have lived a blessed life. Being a "Baby Boomer" I was born in a time of peace, but then came the Vietnam war, the assassination of President Kennedy and the turbulent 60's.  In spite of all that, there was always the underlying rock of respect for our elders and teachers, fear (love) of God, and a great work ethic..(you don't work, you don't eat).  It was a simpler time, and though not perfect, I have lots of good memories that can be calming as changing winds blow in this fast paced world we now live in.

So!  I am  stepping down from my soap box and I will get on with what I came on here to blog about today.  I hold a workshop once a month, each featuring a paper collection from Close To My Heart.  I love the fact that the collections are all picked out with matching embellishments and all I have to do is order and create!  The new catalog was just revealed at this year's convention and there are some exciting new things to be introduced by August. I will be sharing more about those later!  (Excited!)

Tommy papers are being featured in my July workshop.  I created a set of four cards that will fit nicely in a matching decoupaged wooden box.  The Tommy papers are a nautical theme, perfect for Summer.

The dimensional embellishments on the cards are fashioned by adhering the canvas stickers to cardstock then cutting each out, leaving a 1/8" border.  I used dimensional adhesive dots to give a 3-D effect.  So bright and cheery!

1.


2.


3.


4.



I hope to see my usual bunch at the workshop! Thank you for stopping by.  If you ever have any questions, please feel free to message me.  I am happy to share!


HAVE A HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!

Marilyn

"Hook it Up" with CraZy TACKz!

No comments:

Post a Comment