Sunday, September 30, 2012

Paper Crafting for Halloween!




My project for this challenge is a box of cards that I designed for one of my Creative Hearts Workshops that I hold in my home studio.  After sending the cards, a little gift or candy can be tucked into the owl box and given to a friend!  I think he is really cute and hope you do too!

The owl is made from a pillow box pattern cut out on my die-cut machine.  I used the die-cut machine, paper punches and coordinating embellishments to decorate the greeting cards.  I have provided a little tutorial in photos to give you a better idea of how the box was put together.



Start with Fall papers, cutting tools and punches.....

Punch, cut and assemble all of the parts.....

Shade the edges a little with some distressing ink....

 Assemble all the little parts....voila'!  Hoote'nanny time!

 All of these 4-1/4" x 5-1/2" note cards will fit in the box for safe keeping!



HAPPY HALLOWEEN CRAFTING!

Marilyn

7 comments:

  1. This is adorable as can be! What a great roject to share.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marilyn,

    I love this!!!! Very, very cute my friend!!!

    Lisa
    Stampin' Queen Creations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you girls for your kind comments! Wouldn't it be fun if we could actually get together and craft once in a while? Hope you are enjoying
      the beginning of our Fall!

      Marilyn

      Delete
  3. I love the pillow box being turned into an owl. Adorable set.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cheryl! I thought I got over owls in the 70's....Lol! I just don't hang them on my walls or wear them anymore...hee-hee.

      Delete