Planning a Wedding or Shower? Here is an idea for favors that the guests will enjoy! Sticky Sticks are perfect for this project. The adhesion is strong enough to hold the decoration without worries about it popping off. Works great for pieces of chocolate too! This is an idea that can be adapted for a Baby Shower, Birthday Party, Holiday Party, etc. There is a saying I love! "Whatever the mind can conceive and perceive it can achieve!" I would love to hear about your ideas too!
You will need:
*Sticky Sticks: At least one package
(depending on how many favors you will need)
*One 8" Smoothfoam hollow dome
*DecoArt paints: Americana Decor: Chalky Finish: Lace, New Life, Crackle Medium
*Package of 2-1/2" kraft scalloped chipboard tags with ribbon embellishment
*1-1/4" Paper Flowers: one for each stick, cut with Cricut Machine or purchased
*2" Flower cut-out (for contrast) one for each paper flower
*Rubber Stamp with saying
*Ink Pad, Clear stamp Block
*Cardstock: Colonial White (for 1" scalloped edge), two sided floral pattern
*Chalkboard labels (1)
*White Fine-point Permanent Marker
*Paper Punch for corners
*Paint Brushes, Disposable Plastic container, paper plates, paper towels
*Cricut Expression Machine (optional)
1. Invert the dome and poke slots in it using a Sticky Stick - poke one in the top middle, then make even rows for the number of favors you will have. Paint the outside of the dome Green; let dry. Apply the Crackle Medium following the manufacturer's directions. Apply a top coat of the Lace chalk paint.
2. Paint each of the Sticky Stick's with the Chalk paint, front and back. Let dry.
3. Dry brush Lace chalk paint to each Chipboard Tag to give it a "vintage" look.
4. Glue a flower to one contrasting background flower. Adhere to a chipboard tag. Remove the adhesive strip from one Sticky Sticks, adhere the tag. Repeat for each.
5. Stamp the message/saying on the stick (with the flower end to the left.)
6. For the sign: Adhere one Sticky Sticks to the flat edge of a second Sticky Sticks to make it about 10" long. Cut and Layer the papers for the "sign". Adhere the chalkboard label to the front of the sign and write the couples' name on the label with the white marker. Round the corners of the sign using the corner punch.
Here are some closer views to help with the details.
Above is a side view......
Below is a view from "above".
If you have any questions or comments about this project I would love to hear from you!
Hope you are inspired now to "go forth and craft!"
Sticky Sticks: Self-Adhesive Jumbo Craft Sticks
Smoothfoam: Half Ball spheres
DecoArt: Chalk Paints
Darice: Tags and Labels
Close To My Heart: Papers, Rubber Stamps, Inkpad, "Artiste" Cricut Cartridge