Monday, November 2, 2015

Handmade Gifts ( I am thinkin' Christmas!)


Handmade gifts are gifts straight from the heart!  I treasure the gifts of love that I have rec'd over the years.  I also love designing and making my own gifts.  Much of the excitement I feel for the holidays comes from anticipating making gifts and ornaments for friends and to share some creativity as well.

I was perusing through pictures and came upon some projects that I created last year for the holidays; Christmas in particular.  I thought I would share, as I am feeling inspired to get started on some new projects for this year.

This guy was made from some paintbrush handles that my friend gave me.  They almost got used for fire kindling!  Noooo!

Selfie Santa pictured above has a pocket on his back for a gift card.  I love designing tag/ornaments every year.  These make perfect little add-on gifts.


I have loved making little dolls with wooden clothespins and ball knob heads for years.  Last years little kewpie doll was perfect on the tree.

My little tree at Aunt Bee's vendor store was filled with original handmade ornaments and other goodies.  The store closed this Summer.  These pictures provide good memories from last Christmas.
I am thinking about new projects to make this year.  I love the whole creative process!

 
One of my favorite little gifts to give and sell are my little bag clips.  I make them for every season and with just about every character design that I can think up.  They are perfect for small gift giving and I will be selling them on my Etsy shop in the near future.

Below are a couple more little ornaments from years gone by.  It is always fun to find photos from the past.  They inspire me to create for the future!





Well, this has been my little trip down memory lane.  I hope you are inspired to get creative for the holidays.  No matter what the gift; a gift from the heart is the best!  If you don't like to make the gifts; we have online shopping opportunities for handmade gifts on sites like Etsy.  My shop needs some attention and I plan on adding some fun things for the holidays.  If you would like to check it out; go to https://www.etsy.com/shop/stuffandthingsandco?ref=hdr_shop_menu

Make sure to take some time to enjoy the small blessings along the way and

Live Life with a Flourish!

Cheers!
Marilyn


Make sure to click on the Designer Crafts Connection (blue) button at the top of my blog.  You can check out what the other designers on the team have been creating.  Handmade is the word of the day!







No comments:

Post a Comment